Why do I need Equalizer Amp?
The Equalizer Amp helps use and control the power available to charge your car as well as take advantage of energy you produce, such as solar energy.
- Without the Equalizer the installer needs to set a charging limit on the charger, in short that means reduced charging speed to avoid over-usage.
- With an Equalizer you will be able to use the full capacity available therefore you can
- Charge faster
- Take advantage of periods when electricity prices are low, charge cheaper
- Avoid overload, risk of fuses tripping
- For installers this means less work, fewer calculations, and so forth. Most importantly it means knowing you have an installation that will work as it should and lets you sleep well at night.
- To enable Equalizer and all these valuable functions you need either a smart meter, some kit solutions, or Equalizer Amp.
How do I know if I need the Equalizer Amp?
If you want to charge faster, cheaper and more securely you would need the Equalizer. If you do not have a smart meter available to work with the Equalizer, you will need to install Equalizer Amp.
What is the difference between Equalizer and Equalizer Amp?
Equalizer Amp enables the Equalizer to work with non-grid production (such as solar), as well as in places that do not have smart meters. The Equalizer will balance the demands of electricity in a location.
What does this product contain?
- Meter: The main product with all the ports and connections.
- CT clamps: These are current sensors to measure current in the wires.
- Power supply: This is for powering the meter.
- Expansion connector: This is for future use. It will be used for controlling other appliances in the household.
- Mounting bracket: For installations where mounting on a DIN rail is not possible, this can be used.
Will Equalizer Amp work for 1-phase installations?
Yes, it will work for both 1- and 3-phase installations. We have focused on 3-phase installations for now, and may develop a different version specifically for 1-phase installations.
The product contains three CT clamps to measure current, which is needed for 3-phase installations. For a 1-phase installation you only need 1 CT clamp. These extra could be used to measure other sources in the near future or we will create a product only containing 1 CT clamp for those installations.
What will the price be for this product?
Equalizer + Equalizer Amp will be sold together at a recommended retail price of 3196NOK (319,6€).
Will the Equalizer Amp be available with or without ethernet compatibility?
Our limited first-run supply was available without ethernet. We are investigating possible solutions for ethernet functionality.
Will the Equalizer Amp work with both Equalizer P1 and Equalizer HAN?
Currently Equalizer Amp only works with Equalizer P1.
Will Equalizer Amp enable me to charge my car using my own produced solar energy?
Yes and no. The Equalizer itself will get a software update that will enable this. But you would need the Amp if you do not have a smart meter to connect the Equalizer to.
- Scenario 1: You have a working Equalizer today, and therefore it’s connected to a smart meter or another setup. When we release the new software update you will get the solar charging functionality.
- Scenario 2: You do not have a smart meter at your house, then buying Equalizer and Equalizer Amp will give you the possibility to charge using solar energy.
How much power must my solar panels produce to charge my car?
The minimal amount of power for the Easee charger to charge a car is 6A. To charge your car only from the solar panels, the solar panels must produce 6A of surplus power. Some cars require more than 6A to start charging. In those cases, the car's minimum amount is the amount of surplus power required.
Will I be able to charge 3-phase from my solar panels?
This will depend on whether the inverter is 3-phase or not. Your solar panels will also need to produce enough power to have 6A surplus power for each phase.
Am I limited to using only solar or only grid power?
Not at all! Solar power can be combined with grid power. For example, if the solar panels are only producing 4A at a point, then 2A (or more) can come from the grid. It is possible to use both sources together.
What is the item number? GTIN/EAN number and CN code?
Item number: 80128
GTIN/EAN number: 7090052311011
CN code: 90329000