This product shall only be installed, repaired or serviced by an authorised electrician. All applicable local, regional and national regulations for electrical installations must be respected.
Turn off the power before you begin the installation. Use extreme caution and follow instructions carefully.
The installation of the Easee Equalizer Amp is straightforward, but as with all 3-phase system work, it requires some attention to detail.
- Mount the Equalizer Amp to the DIN rail inside the fuse cabinet. If that is not possible, attach the included DIN bracket (B) to a surface and then mount the Equalizer Amp to the DIN-Rail.
- Attach each current sensor around each conductor, either in front or behind the main fuse. The arrow on the sensor must point towards the load on every phase-cable (L1,L2 and L3).
- Plug the current sensors, L1, L2 and L3, into their respective terminals 1, 2 and 3.
Depending on national standards, the colour of the cables can vary from the illustration.
- Connect the power cable to a suitable power source.
A separate fuse with a maximum rating of 16 A is recommended.
- Connect the RJ12 cable to the top RJ12 terminal on the Equalizer Amp.
The bottom RJ12 terminal is used when connecting multiple Equalizer Amps.
Make sure that:
- The current direction is correct on the current sensors.
- The charging sites and the Equalizer Amp have the same phase sequence.
- The L1 current sensor is plugged into terminal 1, L2 sensor in terminal 2 and L3 sensor in terminal 3 on the Equalizer Amp.
- Power up the Equalizer Amp. You should see a flashing heart-shaped LED at the bottom right corner of the device.
Configuring the Equalizer to use Equalizer Amp
Before starting, make sure you have NFC turned on on your device, and make sure you use the same WiFi information that is used to connect the master charger. The power to the Equalizer must be off in order to configure it.
- In the Installer app, press Update your existing site or Ongoing Sites, and select your site.
The Site overview card for the site opens.
- Press Add Equalizer.
- Enter the WiFi information.
Make sure you use the same information used to connect the master charger.
- The app is now ready to scan the Equalizer.
If the NFC on your device is not on, you will be prompted to change your settings.
If the Equalizer is powered on, you will be prompted to shut down the Equalizer. Press Scan Equalizer once ready.
If you scan the Equalizer on the master charger you will need to go into the settings after installation and change the meter type.
- Once the Equalizer has been scanned, the Select meter type card will open.
- Select Easee Amp. Press the arrow to continue.
- You will be taken through a series of reminders of the process. Press Skip to skip these illustrations in the app.
- Ensure that the WiFi is up and running. The Equalizer will start up.
If an update to the Equalizer is necessary, press Update and continue. Once the software is updated, the Site overview card is shown.
The Equalizer is now set up along with the Equalizer Amp.