You may be required to install a charger where the user requires Easee Keys but is not able to use the Easee app. For this type of installation, you will have to add the keys locally on the charger. This guide takes you through the whole installation process.
You should approach the customer with information and questions around enabling or disabling the smart charging schedule. It’s important to map out the user's needs before the installation.
If the site is already created and the Easee Charger has been installed, skip to step 6.
When Easee keys are added locally, you will not be able to produce consumption reports for those keys.
After installing the backplate, start in the Installer App:
- Create a new site (step by step guide: Creating a new site).
- When prompted with National requirements, choose No if the user can not use the Easee app and the smart charging schedule is unsuitable.
- Continue following the instructions to create the site.
- When you are done creating the site, press the Upload to Cloud button.
- Finish installing the charger and power it up.
To add keys, you need to enter the WiFi interface of the charger:
- Hold the touch button on your charger until the LED strip lights up in green and you hear a confirmation sound.
- The charger has now created a local WiFi network.
- Using your phone, connect to the charger’s WiFi network.
The WiFi name (SSID) contains your charger’s serial number.
- Open your phone’s web browser and enter
192.168.4.1into the address field.
- Log in with the PIN code located on the front of the charger.
Adding the RFID keys:
- Enable the setting called Access only for RFID tags.
A new menu item appears labelled Access control.
- Press Access control.
- Press Add new RFID user.
- Hold the key against the RFID icon on the charger and wait for a confirmation sound.
- Choose a name for the key.
- Press the Save button.
You are now done and can exit the menu.
Apple products can not be used as RFID tags. Apple's ID is not fixed, and changes frequently, so the identifying value can not be stored by the chargers.
If you can't turn on the Access only for RFID tags feature because the charger authenticates from the cloud, you need to log into the Easee Portal and unlink the charger from the site. Read more here: Linked chargers