In Denmark, the HAN meters have encrypted output for privacy reasons. According to Danish law, this encryption must be open standard and be decryptable by the owner without modifying the meter, or done without unnecessary additional cost by the network company (BEK nr 75 af 25/01/2019 §7).
Some energy providers in Denmark, including Nord Energi and Elenord, have not updated the firmware in some older meters to meet current requirements. If your meter is particularly old, your provider will need to update your meter.
Follow these steps to decrypt the HAN port. You can use the Easee app or the Easee Portal. The first two steps are necessary for both methods.
Contact your energy provider:
- Ask them to open the HAN port for data communication.
- Request your HAN encryption key.
In the Easee app:
- Navigate to the Equalizer card.
- If your HAN has been opened for data communication, you will see the HAN code required message at the top of the card.
- Press Enter code.
- Enter the HAN encryption provided by your energy provider.
- Press Save in the top right corner.
In the Easee Portal:
- Navigate to Products and click on the Equalizer.
- If your HAN has been opened for data communication, the HAN code is wrong warning banner will be visible.
- Click Enter HAN code on the right side of the banner.
- Enter the HAN encryption key provided by your energy provider.
- Click the Save button.
Your HAN port should now be decrypted, and your Equalizer should receive the data needed.