As part of the UK Smart Charging regulations 2021 Schedule 1 Security requirements, the following article provides information for users on how to check that their charger is securely set up.
You must make an account to use any Easee applications. The account is used throughout the Easee ecosystem, so you do not need to make additional accounts when switching between mobile and desktop.
You can do this by either pressing Create an account in the Easee app or following this link on your computer: https://www.easee.cloud/auth/signup
Inside the Easee app:
- Press the menu button in the top left corner.
- Press Products.
- Press the + sign in the top right corner.
- Enter your charger's serial number.
- Enter the 4 digit PIN code that should be on the front of the chargeberry or on the front of your manual booklet that you received with the charger.
To check additional settings on your charger please follow this link to the Charger Settings help page: https://support.easee.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4413187964177.
Some additional actions you can take to increase the security of your charger:
- If WiFi has not already been activated on your charger, please add WiFi to your charger by following this link to the Charger Settings help page: https://support.easee.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4413187964177.
- Make sure you have a strong password on your WiFi.
The characters dot (.), slash (/), backslash (\) and hyphen (-) are not usable password characters. If your WiFi password currently includes these characters, you will need to change the password to continue.
- Make sure you have the charger's serial number and PIN code stored in safe place.
- Make sure only those who will use the charger have access to the charger.