When an Easee Home or Easee Charge is set up, the installer has the option to connect the charger to a WiFi network, if one is available. Without WiFi the charger will connect to the available cellular network. If you have access to the charger in the Easee App or Portal, it is easy to connect to WiFi. You must be the site owner to change the WiFi network.
When configuring a site with multiple chargers you only need to connect your Master charger to WiFi. The WiFi settings will transfer to the secondary chargers as you configure the remaining backplates.
You can access the WiFi setting from the Charger settings:
- Select the Charger Card of the charger you want to connect to WiFi.
- Press Charger settings.
- Press WiFi.
- Press Search to see which WiFi networks are available. Select the network.
If you want to simply remove the charger from WiFi, press Disconnect Charging Robot at the bottom.
- Enter the WiFi password, then press Confirm.
The Charger Settings card is shown, and the WiFi will show your connected network.
- Go to Products and select the charger you want to connect to WiFi.
- Under WiFi, select edit to manually enter your WiFi network or select Quick scan or Extensive scan to search for nearby WiFi networks.
- Enter your WiFi password and proceed.
Charger Installation menu
If you don't have access to the charger in the Easee App or Easee Portal because the charger isn't connected to a cellular network, you can access the charger's installation menu to configure WiFi on the charger.
For UK chargers installed after 1 Jan 2023, this option is not available.
- Your charger may be offline or have no service. In cases like this you may want to access the WiFi interface of your charger.
- Hold the touch button on your charger until the LED strip lights up green and you hear a confirmation tone. The charger has now created a local WiFi network.
- Using your phone, connect to the chargers WiFi network. The WiFi name (SSID) will contain your chargers serial number.
- Open your phone's web browser and type
192.168.4.1in the address bar.
- Log in with the PIN code located on the front of the charger.
- The WiFi must be protected by a password.
- Easee products use 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11 b/g/n.
Easee products do not support 5 GHz WiFi or WiFi 6 (802.11ax).
- The WiFi signal must be at least -75 dBm to ensure a stable connection.
- It is not possible to assign a static IP address to a charger or the Equalizer. A DHCP server must assign the IP address.
An SSID password can be up to 31 characters. The characters dot (.), slash (/), backslash (\), and hyphen (-) are not allowed in a password.
Further WiFi Technical Requirements
Check these requirements for your outbound traffic if you continue to have trouble connecting the WiFi.
The following ports must be open for outbound traffic and allow related sessions:
- TCP 80 - HTTP (open by default)
- TCP 443 - HTTPS (open by default)
- TCP 1883 - MQTT
- TCP 8883 - MQTT
- UDP 53 - DNS
- NTP 123 - TCP & UDP
These settings are usually not required on a home network. It is not uncommon for corporate networks to block some outbound traffic.
The following URLs must not be blocked by the firewall: