When an Easee Home or Easee Charge is set up, the installer has the option to connect the charger to a WiFi network, if one is available. Without WiFi the charger will connect to the available cellular network. If you have access to the charger in the Easee App or Portal, its easy to connect to WiFi. You must be the site owner to change the WiFi network.
When configuring a site with multiple chargers you only need to connect your Master charger to WiFi. The WiFi settings will transfer to the secondary chargers as you configure the remaining backplates.
You can access the WiFi setting easily by pressing the WiFi icon at the top left of your Charger card. You can also access the WiFi setting from the Charger settings:
- Select the Charger Card of the charger you want to connect to WiFi.
- Press Charger settings.
- Press WiFi connection.
- Select the WiFi network you want the charger to connect to.
- Go to Products and select the charger you want to connect to WiFi.
- Under WiFi, select edit to manually enter your WiFi network or select Quick scan or Extensive scan to search for nearby WiFi networks.
- Enter your WiFi password and proceed.
Charger Installation menu
If you don't have access to the charger in the Easee App or Easee Portal because the charger isn't connected to a cellular network, you can access the charger's installation menu to configure WiFi on the charger.
- Your charger may be offline or have no service. In cases like this you may want to access the WiFi interface of your charger.
- Hold the touch button on your charger until the LED strip lights up green and you hear a confirmation tone. The charger has now created a local WiFi network.
- Using your phone, connect to the chargers WiFi network. The WiFi name (SSID) will contain your chargers serial number.
- Open your phones web browser and type
192.168.4.1in the address bar.
- Log in with the PIN code located on the front of the charger.